Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mooncake Festival

Today is mooncake festival. Without the accompaniment of family, this mooncake festival isn’t perfect for me. Although for over 21 years of my life, my family did not celebrate much for this festival. We did not purposely take all the mooncake and tea to outside our house, enjoy the food and look at the bright full moon. We would just have our tea and mooncake inside our house. So nothing special was done for the celebration. Thus, I do not have lots of memory about it except for when I was still a small girl.



10 years back, I would play lantern with my sister. My dad and mom would help us to lighten the candle. I liked to play candle more instead of lantern. Looking at the fire waving following the wind was one of the enjoyments for me. When I was bored with it, I would blow out the candle and try to lighten it again myself. It is about 10 years I do not play lantern and candles anymore.



At this moment, I wish to have a time machine. I want to back to my childhood. Be a child who free with worries, homework, and stress. Mooncake festival is actually a festival of reunion within family members. At this particular festival, I miss my parents and my sister so much. I look at the bright full moon, thinking that far in Selangor, will they miss me too?




4 comments:

  1. Me too... I used to play candles instead of lanterns when I was small. I would light up lots of candles on the floor in my car porch. Then I'll pluck some grasses from my garden and then burn them using the fire from the candles.

    Well, I really miss my childhood too. Being a child is the best. No worries, no commitments, no stress, no......

    But everyone has to grow up. This is what everyone has to go through in life. So let us be happy young ladies together k?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! I think I'll dig out the happy young lady from my past and light up lanterns too tonight, with my happy young man (even if he is 40 years old now!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jia Yin: I'm sure they missed you too....more than you think they would....=)

    Pn.Chaizani: haha....XD....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. 3 comments in my blog.. I always thought that no one will view my blog.. So I did not check my blog comments regularly.. Thx for supporting my blog.. XD
    Pei Yen: ok.. you are always my best partner to go home =)
    Pn Chaizani: How's the feeling for playing lantern? I think it would be different from the feeling we had during the childhood.
    Jamie: Thank you =)

    ReplyDelete